Thursday 13 October 2011

Trophy 3 - The Job Centre is never greener on the other side.

At five thirty, I go up to the first floor to pick mum up.

“You're mother is a very lucky woman,” Inga says when she sees me, “I'd be happy if I saw my boy once a month.”

Jeanette, who is a foot taller than Inga but no more than half Inga's bodyweight, winks at me. “I'd go insane if I had to see my children every day.”

“So would they, trust me,” says my mum.

“You don't mind if I join you for dinner tonight, do you?” I ask. Her eyebrows twitch, but other than that, she manages to hide her surprise perfectly well from her colleagues. I normally eat with her on Mondays and Wednesdays, but today's meeting with Elaine has been messing with my head. I'm not sure whether I want to talk to someone, but I know for a fact that I don't want to be alone.

-----

Go to the opening scene of Trophy.


No comments:

Post a Comment