Monday 24 January 2011

Dreaming of a white Christmas present

When we were in Brunel, it only used to snow when Freddie had so much coursework due that he had to make all nighters in the library. He practically looked as pale as the streets and didn't seem to enjoy the weather at all. However, the first time Cardiff was covered in snow this winter, he texted me: “Come out and play!”
Thinking of all the snowball fights we've had and the snowmen we've built, I'm convinced he loves the snow to bits. It must have been torture for him not to have the time to play with it during previous years!

Since he loves the snow so much, it wasn't difficult for me to think of a Christmas present this year. I took him to the Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead for his first ski lesson ever....



As you can see in the video, he's a natural born skier. He didn't fall once, but soon started helping others get up and racing up the button lift to use his time on the slope to the max! His instructor said he has never experienced a student picking up on it this quickly: after one hour, he was ready to go on the main slope!

It's going to be hard to top this Christmas present in 2011!

PS. This video is my first attempt at video editing. My notebook runs on Ubuntu and I used Kino. It's not a very elaborate software package, so editing took about as much time as it took me to upload it on youtube. Bloody hell, about 70 minutes! If you've got any video editing tips for Linux users or any advice on how to make uploading video's onto youtube quicker, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment