Wednesday 1 July 2009

Summer Solstice at Stonehenge

It's already more than a week ago (21st of July), and with the heatwave it feels like a year... but I hitched to Stonehenge for the Solstice this year!



I filmed a part of the ceremony while I sat on Freddie's shoulders. Me trying to get a shot of his head almost made us fall over (got saved by this huge stone right behind us - I'm glad we didn't knock it over!), hence the interesting camera work.

In all honesty, it was one of the least spiritual nights of my stay in the UK (and one of the most spontaneous and amusing ones too), though I did spot some people that seemed to connect with the stones and the stars and whatnot. Took some pictures of them too.

5 comments:

  1. I just hope you're not too heavy. Not all girls should be using their boyfriend as a mule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the Spinal Tap version of Stonehenge?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never understood the 'mystery' of Stonehenge, except in a historical sense. I'm obviously not deep enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ GB: he should just be happy I'm the girl on the left, and not the one with interesting cleavage that we met later that night! (he's the boy staring at it :))

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3413/3650373977_352a91a1c3_b.jpg

    @ Scarlet-Blue: no, I'll have to google that...

    @ Madame De Farge: Same here. I think people want it so badly that they actually start to feel it. But all they feel is their want to feel it. Bit like love, come to think of it.

    @ Sam: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete