I realise I have been a bad bloggerette, recently. True, according to Google Analytics the number of visitors, their pageviews and average time on my site has steadily increased since I traded in the gruesome Scribe-template for a light-footed layout. But the response ratio has dropped dramatically over the last three weeks.
So, in order to avoid ending up in the BlogBog: my Third Term Resolutions!
1) Be a bloggernaut – experiment wildly, visit other blogs, link to them and return the favour when someone leaves a comment.
2) Be funny – even though I have been traumatized by numerous ex-boyfriends telling me I’ve got no sense of humour. To all of you out there, wherever you are: Sod you all!
3) Avoid bloggarrhoea – don’t post every day, it’s not bloody twitter!
4) Use pictures – I bet you’re all pretty glad I only came up with this one after my Sick Haiku!
5) Keep it short - one of the keywords people used to find my site was ‘debra stinks of poo’ (bounce rate 100%). Visitors have to be able to read the whole post while holding their breath.
Btw: I handed in my coursework for Planning A Novel last night! I put a lot of effort in presentation this time, it has been proofread by four natives and I used a lovely lay-out. I’m not allowed to post it online until it’s been assessed, but if you’re interested: just leave a comment and I’ll email you the PDF.
Needless to say, I'm craving for your advice on how to capture your attention. As the Dutch say:
"U vraagt, wij draaien!"